It has been a rough year for me for reasons that I don’t want to go into quite yet. With that said, I am feeling pretty good today and I have many things for which to be thankful on the great American holiday.
- My wonderfully supportive, loving, smart, and beautiful wife.
- That we are both healthy.
- That we have good, stable jobs in a terrible economy.
- That, after decades of driving boring, sensible cars, I now have a MINI Cooper S Hardtop that is beyond a joy to drive (and it gets very good gas mileage).
- That I live in a part of the world without earthquakes, tropical storms, or tornadoes (at least very infrequent tornadoes).
Today, we are making two turkey breasts, mashed taters, sweet taters with butter and brown sugar, broccoli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, whole grain rolls, and cranberries. Yum.